BA(Hons.) (Victoria University of Wellington), MPhil (Cambridge), PhD (Otago),
Senior Research Fellow, University of Otago, Wellington
Eli is a Senior Research Fellow with He Kāinga Oranga - Housing and Health Research Programme. She conducts qualitative and historical research. She is currently working on projects about mixed tenure communities, eviction, and the effect of housing interventions on health.
- (2018).Tenants’ responses to substandard housing: Hidden and invisible power and the failure of rental housing regulation.Housing, Theory & Society,37(2), 139-161. doi: 10.1080/14036096.2018.1538019.
- Preval, N. Rivera-Muñoz, G. Davies, C. Oliver, J.(2017).Housing, energy and health in resilient cities.Cities in New Zealand: Preferences, patterns and possibilities,Howden-Chapman, L. Early & J. Ombler (Eds.), (pp. 95-106). Wellington, New Zealand: Steele Roberts Aotearoa.
- (2017).SDG3: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.In D. J. Griggs, M. Nilsson, A. Stevance & D. McCollum (Eds.), A Guide to SDG Interactions: From Science to Implementation.(pp. 84-126). Paris, France: International Council for Science. doi: 10.24948/2017.01
- (2016).Individual and collective action to improve rental housing in New Zealand: an historical and contemporary study (Thesis, Doctor of Philosophy). University of Otago.
- (2014).Rebuilding Christchurch: A Case of the Inverse Care Law.In B. Bennett, J. Dann, E. Johnson & R. Reynolds (Eds.), Once in a Lifetime: City-Building After Disaster in Christchurch.(pp.190-198). Christchurch: Freerange Press.